Hemker Park & Zoo Preparedness Plan
Hemker Park & Zoo (HPZ) is closely following the latest updates on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Our commitment to the health and well-being of our employees, customers and animals is very important to us.
We will continue to follow guidance from government agencies and public health organizations, like the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and local governments.
To help you plan your visit please follow these guidelines to assure a fun and safe adventure to the zoo:
Hemker Park & Zoo urges guest to order their tickets online at www.hemkerzoo.com The admission line will be marked to indicate the 6 foot separation required for social distancing. All persons entering the zoo will be required to abide by the 6 foot separation rule as they wait in line and throughout zoo grounds.
Restroom facilities will be open. However, we ask visitors to utilize the facilities one household at a time.
- Visitors that are not feeling well or have a temperature are asked to please refrain from visiting and come another day. HPZ urges caution and ask that persons that are particularly vulnerable to the effects of COVID- 19 consider waiting for a few more weeks to visit.
- Hemker Park & Zoo is recommending guests wear a mask during their visit. Please note this does not take place of social distancing.
- Buildings and playground will be closed during this time except for bathrooms.
- Follow the hoof prints throughout the zoo to cut down on cross traffic. We will have a one way direction throughout the zoo.
- Zoo staff is continuously cleaning high-touch surfaces like bathrooms, vending machines, tables, chairs and more.
- Guests are urged to not touch their face, mouth and to cover your cough. Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds. Wash stations and hand sanitizer are set up throughout the zoo. We do recommend you bring your own hand sanitizer as well.
- Employees are to stay home if they are ill, having symptoms, generally not feeling well, or caring for someone at home that’s is ill.
Guests who do not follow these guidelines will be removed from the park without any reimbursement.