Guardians of Conservation is working to guide the next generation down a lifelong path of animal conservation by bringing the world to their fingertips.
Our younger generation may never get to see a rhino, giraffes, Bontebok, or Alpine Ibex as their populations are dwindling. Guardians of Conservation (GOC) finds this very disturbing to not have the young and all people understand the magnificence of a rhino, or truly understand how tall a giraffe is! They will never get the chance to appreciate what the role of a Bontebok or an Alpine Ibex has in our world. Furthermore, understand their importance to our ecosystem.
The Guardians of Conservation is a nonprofit with the purpose of supporting endangered animal conservation and education efforts locally through Hemker Park & Zoo and around the world. The GOC is working with Hemker Park & Zoo in Freeport Minnesota. What began as a simple dream in 1977 has grown to give families up close access to over 50 different species from around the globe. The mission of Hemker Park & Zoo (HPZ) is to highlight and enhance animals’ species and encourage environmental conservation through integrated partnerships and practical approaches to wildlife management. HPZ & GOC works hard to share the wonder and importance of conservation, as well as the critical importance of the role of animals within our ecosystem. Guests can expect to learn from their visit about our world while enjoying the over 200 animals that call HPZ home.
Along with our mission to help support endangered animal conservation and education efforts; the GOC relies on the generosity of individuals and businesses for support. The GOC is looking for partners to help move forward with animal conservation and education both locally and worldwide. Through the amazing support and donations the Guardians of Conservation has been able to support many organizations locally and worldwide including:
- Donations to the International Rhino Foundation
- Donations to the Cheetah Foundation
- Sponsor the purchase of a portable x-ray machine for Hemker Park & Zoo and surrounding veterinarian clinics in Central MN
- Sponsor the purchase of a multi level play system to encourage the community play outside and learn more about our ecosystem in a fun way!
- Donation for Koi Pond and Educational Materials, & help sponsor the purchase of a new play system at Hemker Park & Zoo
- Free Santa Day Event at Hemker Park & Zoo in additional to learning more about conservation and what we can do in our own back yards!
- Royal Party, educate guests on current conservation efforts locally and world wide.
Caption: WWA in the Southern Africa doing rhino trims to protect the rhinos from poachers.
Each and every endangered animal means the world to us, and we are deeply grateful for your support. Your gift today makes a big difference tomorrow and every day!
GOC has been a part of a multi-partner effort of conservation led by Worth Wild Africa to help fund research equipment for the pangolin project in South Africa, Lemurs in Madagascar, black rhino in South Africa, cheetahs in Namibia and South Africa, elephants in Mozambique and the new addax project.
You can contact the Guardians of Conservation by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 320-836-2426.
Donations can be sent to: Guardians of Conservation PO Box 262 Freeport MN 56331