Welcome to Hemker Park & Zoo!
Voted five years in a row Best of Central Minnesota Out & About Family Recreation. Hand-feed giraffes, our rhino, the koi, and budgies, and toss fish into our Otter area. Here, you can experience animals up-close from May 1 – October 31, rain or shine. Whether you are planning your first trip to Central Minnesota or returning to experience more of Hemker Park & Zoo, we are happy to have you!
Animals are only half the fun!
We’ve designed the park to be as family friendly as possible, making it a great place for informal picnics, birthday parties, family reunions, weddings, workplace gatherings, and other celebrations. You can bring a packed lunch or take advantage of food and drinks available on site. Our Hungry Paw Concessions has something for everyone! There are shaded picnic tables as well as a huge undercover eating area, suitable for small and large groups alike. Toilet facilities are provided.
10am-6pm every day (May 1-Oct 31)
Use the links below to quickly find the information you need.
- Child Ticket
- Adult Ticket
- Senior Ticket
- Infant Ticket
Zoo it All Day Pass
Includes day admission, 1 giraffe feeding 11:00, 2:00 & 4:00 with fast pass at (skip the line at the giraffe feeding), a koi feeding and a take home cup with a sticker.
- Seniors (60+)
- Children (ages 2-12)
- Includes unlimited daytime admission including the following Special Event Days: Summer Party Day, Fall Zoo Fest & Boo at the Zoo (Brew at the Zoo is not included in the season passes as it is hosted by the Guardians of Conservation)
- 15% off Gift Shop Items
- Invitation to the Members Only Breakfast
- Every Third Wednesday of the month receive discounts on feeding encounters and tram ride.
- Prioritize your time and use the fast line when you purchase a giraffe feeding or rhino feeding.
This non-transferable pass covers the named individual(s) for the entire season.
Groups of 15 or more paying guests (ages two and up) are eligible for discounted group admission pricing with a 3 day advance notice. The group must pay as a single transaction to receive the discount. All members must enter the Zoo together as a group at the same time.
Discovery Safari Tram tours
Daily at 11:30, 1:30, 2:30 & 4:30
Explore the park at a more relaxed pace on our tram ride. Listen to stories about our amazing animals and cover more zoo grounds in comfort. Guests in wheelchairs are welcome, as our tram has a special slot for a wheelchair. Tram ride is 25/30 minutes long. You can purchase your Discovery Safari Tram Tour tickets at any guest service areas. The tram is wheelchair accessible but cannot accommodate strollers or motorized scooters. Riders under age 2 are welcome on the tram, and ride free with a paying adult.
Riders Ages 2+
Riders Under Age 2
Hemker Park & Zoo is located just off Interstate 94, only 90 minutes northwest of Minneapolis, and 40 minutes northwest of St. Cloud, and 35 minutes from Alexandria, MN.
Driving directions in Freeport
- From I-94, take exit 140.
- Turn toward Freeport town centre and follow County Road 11 north for a half mile.
- Turn right on County Road 39 and follow it for another half mile.
- The zoo is on the right side (southern side) of CR-39.